Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Worcester smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full command of your Worcester home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Worcester?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also provides total remote operability through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can perform:
- View live or saved footage from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Worcester by setting schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke detector triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a message if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open window or door will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by using the above steps. You will then confirm you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Worcester
Although multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote functionality, select email or phone and provide the info to send an invitation.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Worcester home security system. Contact (508) 392-5472 to learn more.