What should I do when my Worcester home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your loved ones – against the many risks you might encounter, like burglary, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Despite the fact that your home may be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Worcester home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is likely to be shocking, disorienting, and may incite panic. Your best option is to stay composed and abide by these easy tips.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Worcester Triggers
You don’t want to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re woken up from a deep sleep with the distinct blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. So what are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is pounding. But keeping yourself calm is the optimal way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency yourself but instead allow your monitoring staff and first responders to do their job.
- Take care of your family members. Your priority should be your family members and leading them out of danger. In the event of a burglary, this might involve proceeding to a predetermined safe zone as far from entrances as possible. The intruder was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to take extra precaution. If there’s fumes or a fire, you need to exit your house right away.
- Don’t forget your smartphone. Most homeowners keep their smartphones with them all the time these days, but you might fail to pick it up during a crisis. Try to remember it. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring experts and obtain notifications through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Worcester goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts will act immediately. The first move is to validate your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The protocol they abide by depends on the kind of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, one effort will be made to contact you before assistance is deployed. If you’re dealing with a break-in - the most common kind of event - a monitoring professional will follow these guidelines to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you via the central command panel. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that doesn’t result in an answer, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If you still can’t be reached, local police are deployed.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again after the proper authorities are contacted.
If you're not able to communicate with monitoring staff, don't worry. Help will still be dispatched even when you're not available to substantiate the emergency.
Be prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Worcester
Get prepared for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Worcester from Vivint. Contact (508) 392-5472 to begin customizing your property’s security today.